TLAG is a leading provider of Business and IT solutions to the Life and Annuity insurance industry. Our clients include insurance carriers, software vendors, BPO/TPA's and ASP's. TLAG is a unique organization that promotes services with a "business first" approach by understanding our clients' business and products and providing consulting services to help them meet their goals.
To each project, we bring:
- A proven, repeatable, scalable methodology. We understand the insurance business and deliver a proven approach to support your project. Our highly skilled and experienced staff executing our best practice methodology delivers the right support to meet your business needs
- Vast insurance system experience. Through our many years of successful implementations and business migrations TLAG has gained experience with all major insurance administration systems, reinsurance, compensation, accounting and other legacy systems. We understand the business and the applications that support it.
- Strong product knowledge. Our deep understanding of products and how they are supported throughout the enterprise is what differentiates TLAG from other firms. Our extensive product knowledge includes: variable annuity, fixed annuity, hedge-fund annuity, private placement, traditional whole life, term, interest sensitive whole life, universal life, variable universal life, disability, COLI, BOLI, 401k, 403b, SEP, IRA
- Possess strong product expertise
- Understand the major insurance administration systems, as well as many homegrown systems.
- Bring in-depth industry business knowledge
- Provide a breadth of experience in all functional roles
- Reduce the dependency on client staff
- Are productive day-1
Rob Mattioda – President
Rob has over 25 years of experience within the Life markets as an employee, consultant, service provider, and software vendor. As president of TLAG, Rob’s responsibilities include Strategic Direction, Business Development and Partnerships. Rob’s vision and entrepreneurial spirit have been key to establishing TLAG Consulting in the market and building the company’s successful track record as a strategic partner with top tier companies within the insurance world.
John Moffett – Vice President and Implementation Director
John has over 25 years’ experience with major life insurance and annuity new business, contract administration, and claims applications. As Vice President and Implementation director John was instrumental in the growth and development of the TLAG client and employee base and ensured the success of many large and medium sized integration and conversion projects for major US insurers.
Rich Ehrlich – Vice President and Conversion Architect
Rich has over 30 years of experience in systems development and project management focusing on developing and implementing life insurance systems and software. Rich has a proven ability to define critical problems and present innovative solutions to support effective testing and variance resolution. As Conversion Architect, Rich drives Conversion Strategy & Development and has designed and implemented automated tools and procedures to enhance and streamline the conversion process.
TLAG has a rich history establishing its roots in 1997 as Mattioda Associates. Mattioda Associates was conceived by founders Rob Mattioda, John Moffett and Rich Ehrlich when they were working together in lead roles at a major Life Insurance carrier. As Mattioda Associates the company grew to over 80 Insurance and IT experts. In 2000 the company was acquired by Sherwood International, a global software vendor and services company. The partners remained with Sherwood International serving as senior members of the management team until 2002, when they left Sherwood and reincorporated as The Life & Annuity Group (TLAG). Through the evolution of TLAG our team of highly skilled consultants has seen the Insurance/IT business from all sides: Insurance carrier, Global software vendor, BPO/TPA and specialized consulting firm. Our well rounded corporate background led to the development of the TLAG Methodology which became the foundation of our services.